Your Privacy Matters
If and to the extent that we collect, store and process personal data other than as a sub-processor, the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) is LinkUpNow Limited.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You provide personal information to create an account with us. The extent that data is visible to other users is dependent on you selecting, by way of buttons, to share this information. In addition, if you fill in a form on our App or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, you are giving us information about you. This includes information you provide when you take any of the following steps, if and when such facilities are offered by our App: register to have a user area, participate in the social media functions on our App, register to subscribe to additional services which we might make available from time to time, enter a competition, promotion or survey that we might feature from time to time and when you report a problem with our App. The information you give us will include your name and your email address.
Information we collect about you. On each of your visits to our App we, or our third party infrastructure providers, may automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device identifier and features, and/ or ISP or your mobile carrier, by using our App your mobile device will send us data about your location which you can control within our App or, as is the case with most mobile devices, prevent location data from being sent to us from your mobile device settings;
– information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our App (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
Information we receive from other sources. If and to the extent that there are other websites we operate or other services that we provide now or in the future, we may also receive information about you if you use any of those other websites we operate or the other services that we provide in relation to which we may collect data about you which, as described below, may be shared internally and combined with other data collected on this site or elsewhere. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of this information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information for some or all of the following:
– to carry out our obligations arising from your use of our App
– to provide you with information about those services that you are using through our App or other services we offer that are similar to them;
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to ensure that content from our App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
– to provide you with information about job opportunities that meet your settings criteria and/ or other events created by your Network or publicly posted. You can opt out from receiving these notifications any time by changing your LinkUpNow settings. Please note, similar such information might be provided to you by us using information you’ve provided other than your personal data (e.g. marketing information might be sent to your company but not to a named individual at your company. For the avoidance of doubt, unless you notify us that you do not want us to allow communications to be sent to you by contacts of your contacts, such communications will be facilitated and relevant contact details will be shared with those third parties.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
– to administer our App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
– to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our App safe and secure;
– if and when our App contains adverts, to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our App about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
If and where relevant, we may share your personal information with any member of our company group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may, from time to time, share your information with selected third parties too including:
– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
– Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our App.
– If and to the extent that we provide goods or services for which you must pay a fee, credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If our App, our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure third-party servers. Payment transactions (if any) will be encrypted using SSL technology or similar.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the steps that will be provided to opt-in/ opt-out of such marketing.
Our App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
COOKIES – SCHEDULE
We or our infrastructure providers use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our App. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our App or make use of electronic payment services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our App when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our App works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our App. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our App, the areas you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block our cookies by activating the relevant settings on your device to refuse all or some of the cookies. Please note that if you use your settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you might not be able to access functionality in all or parts of our App.